KuCoin Polled Professionals And Enthusiasts Of The Web3 SectorAdmin
Crypto exchange KuCoin polled 3,608 Twitter and LinkedIn users about their attitudes towards Web3. A brief report is published on the KuCoin blog; the full version can be downloaded from Google Drive.
30% of respondents answered that they do not believe in the success of Web3. The rest of the participants can be divided into professionals and enthusiasts.
The share of the former is 16%. They have worked on projects related to cryptocurrencies, metaverses, DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and decentralized applications:
- 59% of respondents are under 30;
- 24% are full-time Web3 users, 76% are freelancers, part-timers, and entrepreneurs;
- the most popular type of project is metaverses;
- 53% are satisfied with their career.
The share of enthusiasts is 54%. They are interested in Web3 but have not worked in this sector:
- More than 50% of respondents want to get a job in the departments of R&S, marketing, product management, and data analytics of Web3 projects;
- 64% of respondents like job prospects: telecommuting, opportunities for personal growth, and the potential for industry development.
KuCoin also collected gender statistics in the Web3 sector:
- female professionals are more active in building a career;
- male enthusiasts are most likely to invest in Web3 projects;
- 49% of women professionals worked on projects part-time, 33% full-time;
- among engineers and developers, there are approximately the same number of men and women;
- 41% of men and 27% of women founded their Web3 projects;
- one of the main obstacles to working in the segment is the lack of resources for training.
KuCoin is a Seychellois-based cryptocurrency exchange with spot, margin, and P2P trading for 700 assets. The platform develops its Web3 ecosystem: KuCoin Community Chain blockchain, KuCoin Wallet, Windvane NFT marketplace, and DeFi applications.